Moletrack Skin Clinic and Epichealth are committed to the importance of privacy and confidentiality protection for all our patients and those that visit our website and our practice.
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
Moletrack Skin Clinic and Epichealth collects and holds personal information about you. This information is collected so that we may properly assess, diagnose, treat and be pro-active in your healthcare needs. All members of the professional team involved in your care will have access to your personal information. This means we may use and disclose the information you provide in the following ways:
- Disclosure to others involved in your healthcare, including treating doctors, pathology services, radiology services and other specialists outside this medical practice. This may occur through referral to other doctors or for medical tests and in the results returned to us following these referrals.
- Disclosure to enable recording on medical registers.
- Administrative purposes in running our medical practice, including our insurer or medical indemnity provider and quality assurance and accreditation bodies.
- Billing purposes, including providing information to your health insurance fund, the Health Insurance Commission (Medicare) and other organisations responsible for the financial aspects of your care.
- Assisting with training and education of other health professionals.
In most cases we will obtain the information directly from you or your treating doctors.
Our goal is to ensure that your information is accurate, complete and up-to-date. To assist us with this, please contact us if details you have provided to us have changed. Further, if you believe that the information we have about you is not accurate, complete or up-to-date, contact us and we will use all reasonable efforts to correct this information.
We take all reasonable steps to protect the security of the personal information that we hold. This includes appropriate measures to protect electronic materials and materials stored and generated in hard copy.
ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Access will be provided in accordance with our Access Policy. If you require access to your personal information please discuss this with your doctor.
LEGAL REASONS WHY WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
Some information we collect is in order to comply with our legal obligations for public interest reasons. For example: mandatory reporting of communicable diseases.
WHAT HAPPENS IF YOU CHOOSE NOT TO PROVIDE THIS INFORMATION?
You are not obliged to give us your personal information. However, if you choose not to provide Moletrack Skin Clinic and Epichealth with your personal details required for assessment of your health, we may not be able to provide you with the full range of our services necessary for your health management.
If you have any complaints about our privacy practices or wish to make a complaint about how your personal information is managed please contact the Practice Manager. All complaints will be dealt with fairly and as quickly as possible. A privacy complaint relates to any concern or dispute that you have with our privacy practices as it relates to your personal information. This could include matters such as how personal information is collected, stored, used, disclosed or how access is provided. We would prefer that you put your complaint in writing.
Please address all complaints to:
The Practice Manager
Moletrack Skin Clinic c/- Epichealth Medical Clinic
Corner Dunns Rd and Bentons Rd Mornington VIC 3931